Nature’s Perspective Landscaping is a full-service landscaping firm that designs, builds, and maintains beautiful, functional outdoor settings, serving Chicago’s north side and the North Shore community.
Husband and wife Tom Klitzkie and Barbara Schwarz combined their mutual love of plants, work experience, and landscaping knowledge and founded the company in 1979. Over the years, the company has grown to over 45 employees and has a three-acre facility in Evanston, which includes a paving showroom, a lighting gallery, and a one-acre nursery with a large inventory of trees, shrubs, and perennials.
Our landscape designers work in close collaboration with our clients, considering their concerns, needs and desires in crafting a creative, functional, and aesthetically pleasing landscape solution. Our installations are done in a professional, efficient manner by knowledgeable crews. We are committed to quality by providing our customers with outstanding service, competitive proposals, innovative design, and timely delivery.
Our three-acre facility houses everything we need to be a full-service landscape company. An on-site nursery, holding over 3,000 plants and shrubs, ensures a high quality of plant material ready to be utilized at the time of installation. We also have an extensive construction yard with a high volume of pavers and hardscape materials. Our office and design center are also located on the facility grounds, keeping all divisions under one roof.
Nature’s Perspective Landscaping is a member of the Illinois Landscape Contractors Association (ILCA), Evanston Chamber of Commerce, Evanston West End Association, and the Chicago Botanic Garden.
Provided is a map of our service area boundaries. The green shaded area is where we offer design, installation, and maintenance services. The blue shaded area is where we offer design and installation services (no maintenance).
View Nature’s Perspectives’ Service Area in a larger map
- To create and maintain beautiful, personalized outdoor settings that exceed our clients’ expectations, through design work, quality materials, and professional workmanship.
- To surpass industry standards through continued professional education, shared knowledge, and teamwork. To continue to excel as a respected provider of sustainable landscape solutions in the communities we serve.
- To provide a safe, healthy, and stable working environment that supports our employees’ professional and personal goals. To value the individual contributions of our workforce and to promote a quality standard of living for all of our employees.
- Service – We approach all aspects of our business with honesty, integrity, and passion.
- Dedication – We take our role as trusted advisor seriously, learning from challenges and achievements, to reach the best possible landscaping solution for our client.
- Concern for the Environment – We believe in caring for the environment through responsible landscape practices and continued stewardship.
- Integrity – We use high quality materials and proper installation techniques to produce a top-quality product that will meet or exceed our client’s expectations.
- Quality of Life – We are committed to our employees’ quality of life by supporting their desire to thrive financially and by valuing their family relationships.
- Community – We give back to the communities in which we do business.
- Ambition – We celebrate our achievements, yet we always strive to achieve new heights.