Download Newly Seeded Lawn PDF – click here
The first five weeks after your lawn is seeded are critical to the survival of new seeds. Plan to be available to care for the seeded area during this important time of establishment. You will need to follow the instructions below to insure your seeds’ success. You may need to invest in a hose, timer and sprinkler to help during this period of establishment as well as throughout the spring, summer and fall seasons.
- It is best if all traffic is kept off the newly seeded area until the first mowing.
- It is important to keep the seed covering (peat moss/compost) damp for the first two weeks. Newly germinated seedlings die quickly if allowed to dry out. Water often, rather than deeply. Only the top one-inch of soil needs to be kept moist during the establishment period. Avoid creating puddles in the soil. Once grass is established it should be watered infrequently and deeply.
- Five weeks after successful germination, the grass should be ready to mow.
- The grass may be played on approximately six weeks after seeding.
- Weed killers may be applied after the second mowing.
- Fertilizer was applied at the time of seeding, and will not be necessary for approximately two months. Also note, all lawns should be fertilized twice each spring and once in the fall for proper growth.
- If new soil was added, you may experience some weed growth along with your new grass. Most of these weeds are annuals and their seedheads will be cut off with each mowing. It is important to remember that new lawns need regular fertilization and broadleaf weed control.
- The peat moss/compost covering we have applied will help in maintain soil moisture and promote germination. Dry, windy days mean more frequent watering, cool wet periods need far less. It is important to check to see if the soil is moist. If it’s dry, add water. Remember, too much water is as great a danger as too little. A little common sense and observing eyes coupled with these instructions will give your newly seeded lawn the care it needs to flourish. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us immediately.
We at Nature’s Perspective are proud to offer one of the best warranties in the business. We back our seeded and sodded lawns, our trees and shrubs, as well as our perennials, roses and groundcover.
OUR SEEDED LAWN WARRANTY SUMMARIZED:
Seeded Lawns: We warranty a reasonable stand of grass over 90% of the seeded area within 60 days of the date of installation. We will reseed one time, without charge, any lawn planted by us that fails to meet this standard. If reseeding is necessary, this work will be performed as soon as the weather and season permits.
The above warranty is contingent upon the homeowner carrying out the above watering and care instructions as well as the following: Pest control: Keep plants free of injurious insects and diseases by timely and proper application of pesticides.
Our warranty is void if:
- Payment is not made in full and within 30 days of the invoice date
- Plants are damaged by man, animal, insects, mechanical damage, negligence, and acts of God.
- Plants not planted in the ground
- Plants damaged by misuse of herbicides or pesticides by the homeowner or any of its agents.
Please refer to our contract for complete details regarding our warranty.