A large permeable paver driveway of clay pavers, set in a beautiful herringbone pattern.
Permeable pavers have many benefits:
- Offer long-term durability
- Are easy to repair
- Provide groundwater recharge
- Eliminate standing water on pavement
- Control erosion in streambeds and riverbanks
- Facilitate pollutant removal
- Reduce thermal pollution (the act of altering the temperature of a natural water body, which may be a river, lake or ocean)
- Qualify for Credit 6– LEED: Limit disruption of natural water flows by minimizing storm-water runoff, increase on-site infiltration, and reduce contaminants
- Qualify for Credit 7 – LEED: Reduce heat island effect, when light colored pavers are used. According to the EPA, the term “heat island” describes built-up areas that are hotter than nearby rural areas due to human activities
- Accommodate detention facility requirements
Call today to speak with one of our Landscape Designers to discuss permeable pavers as an option on your property. If you are looking to tackle drainage issues and at the same time, improve the beauty, value and functionality of your property, permeable pavers provide many unique options that just may be the right solution for you.
Return to blog